Monday, September 3, 2012

French Keyboards :: Les Claviers Françaises

Typing is ridiculously hard here because all the keys are different.  It's not the QWERTY keyboard, it's AZERTY.  

You have to use SHIFT for the period and all the numbers.  Also, there are a bunch of tiny differences that make my typing look like I have a freak finger.

If I tried to type a typical sentence based on an USA keyboard:

If i tried to type q typicql sentence bqsed on qn <usq keyboqrdM

I had to learn how to type on a QWERTY keyboard in 5th grade, so I can usually type, very quickly, without looking at the keyboard, but now I have to stare down at my fingers and check the screen every 5 seconds to check that I onùt end up typing like this with ,y spaz fingers.

This entire article should've taken me five minutes; it's been half an hour

1 comment:

  1. Lucky for you. The Japanese language has 50 Hiragana and 50 Katakana. Dare to try?

    ReplyDelete