Monday, September 3, 2012

Over the Ocean :: Dessus L'Océan

My first night in France seems like a week ago, that's how busy I've been.  Sitting in the American airport was nerve-wracking.  The other YFU students, and I, compared our French Visas, gifts for host families, airplane seats, home cities and host cities, and the amount of time spent at the airport (some of them had flown all the way from Minnesota to the DC airport).

Then the actual flight!  SEVEN HOURS LONG, leaving at 5PM from America and arriving at 7AM in France!  My clever plan was to sleep the entire flight, so I'd wake up at a normal time in France.


HAHAHA no.  I spent the entire flight, save one hour, awake.  Strangely enough, I wasn't tired at all when the plane landed.  I'd spent the entire flight chatting with a fellow YFU student: power of conversation.  We asked a nice, old man to switch places with him so that we could sit together.  The man forgot his McDonald's cup of diet coke and it spilled everywhere on the airplane carpeted floor, but it was so nice to be able to talk to another student that I didn't care that my airplane blanket was wet and smelly.


There were movies (HUNGER GAMES! 21 JUMP STREET! CASABLANCA!) and tv shows (over 100) and games (solitaire, some crap educational games), but those weren't interesting: the engines were too loud to be able to hear anything.


THE FOOD: the terror of airplane foods.  I thought the food was okay, but then again, I used to think plain bread was enough for a meal.  There was a suspicious cheese sauce and a sad rice mixture of cooked and raw rice, but the chicken and bread was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment